6.2.10

European Road Trip Poster: L'Orbite

Poster to advertise the mini series L'Orbite de Lashe road trip.


 Me and 3 friends (Matty Hopper Northumbria University, Chris Medland University of Central Lancashire and Mat Ayres University College Falmouth) went on a 3 week road trip around West Europe in the summer of 2009. Taking in Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, France and Spain (for one short but heavy night!). For us this marked a reunion of old friends and an amazing 3 weeks of sun, fun and miles of tarmac.
Matty filmed the whole thing and after a lot of time and effort produced the mini series of short films, documenting our time on the road. Check his youtube channel mjhopp89 for more short film fun.

This kind of commission gives me the freedom to explore and test ideas that I want to experiment with and don't have the opportunity to use within my illustration course. I have long found influence from mainstream illustrators like Tim Marrs, Miles Donovan and Andy Potts, but want to develop my own style and message within my course work, this poster is a self indulgence where I play with style and form. It works in way to flush out the aesthetic dependence I have, this is done, and I can move on to more considered work for personal or course based imagery.

No comments:

Post a Comment